Writing means a lot to you. You’ve been doing it every day for weeks now. You’ve made it a priority. How does that feel?
There are probably other art forms that move you just as much (Music? Art? Dance?). What would you do and who would you be if you were forced to live a life without art?
Write a story about the impact of art
- You may imagine a world where art is forbidden (all art or just the particular type your character wants to commit).
- You can imagine an artist who is blocked for another reason.
- What does the lack of art do to that person?
- Has he/she known what it was to be an artist and lost it?
- Has he/she never known and are they living a life they thought was OK. How do they discover the missing piece? What impact does that have on the rest of their life?
- Perhaps your story will be about an art teacher impacting the life of an impressionable kid.
- Your story need not be a narrative story. Perhaps it is a chilling set of rules to be imposed by an oppressive authority. Perhaps it is a list of titles of work in an art show or exhibition or that have been found in an archaeological dig.
- You might write about the conversation between an ancient artist and the modern day observer.
- What does art mean to you? Put that into your story.