The 7DayStory is a new short story writing challenge, from the creators of StoryADay May and the DIY MFA:
- Write and revise a story over the next seven days
- Use the hashtag #7DayStory to connect with other working writers.
Why Write A Story in 7 Days?
We believe that it is by writing that we become writers. But it’s not just by writing. It’s also by finishing, revising, releasing our work, and connecting with readers and other writers, that we become writers. So we’re encouraging writers to sharpen their writing skills by writing, revising and releasing short stories in seven days.
- Finishing your first draft in a day or two, before you lose momentum
- Revising the story over the next few days in several passes
- Connecting with other writers to find sources of support and feedback.
- Releasing the story to trusted readers, or perhaps even publications.
- Repeating the process often, to learn from your experiences and reinforce the writing habit.
Sign up now to join the #7DayStory challenge and get daily updates to keep you on track through the writing and revision process
But That’s Not All
Wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t have to stumble through this process alone? What if someone put together a guide for gathering ideas, writing that first draft and working through the somewhat overwhelming process of revising and releasing your story?
Write, Revise, Release, Repeat: Your Blueprint for Short Story Success
by Gabriela Pereira and Julie Duffy.
Join the challenge today!
What are you waiting for? Enter your email below and join the 7DayStory Challenge!