Writers are inspired by many things, not least of all: other writers and artists.
And it immediately suggested this week’s prompt:
(where “X” stands for an artist or author)
Write a story featuring an author you admire (or hate) and how they became an artist, or how a moment in their life sparked their definitive work (this can be completely made up. No need to do any research. Just use your imagination.
- Create a fictional encounter between the author and your main character
- Write a fictionalized “autobiography” or diary entry by the author,
- Go the “Possession” route and have your characters researching the artistic development of a writer and having their own adventure along the way.
1. You should use the prompt in your story (however tenuous the connection).
2. You must write the story in one 24 hr period – the faster the better.
3. Post the story in the comments — if you’re brave enough.
4. Find something nice to say about someone else’s story and leave a comment. Everybody needs a little support!
Share this challenge on Twitter or Facebook
Some tweets/updates you might use:
Don’t miss my short story: Portrait of the Artist #WriteOnWed #storyaday http://wp.me/p1PnSG-yu
This week’s #WriteOnWed short story prompt is a chance to ‘meet’ your fave author #storyaday http://wp.me/p1PnSG-yu
Come and write with us! #WriteOnWed #storyaday http://wp.me/p1PnSG-yu
See my story – and write your own, today: Portrait of the Artist #WriteOnWed #storyaday http://wp.me/p1PnSG-yu
- Isn’t that a great title? ↩