Introductions

Tagged: 

This topic contains 81 replies, has 65 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Kieran Kieran 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Julie Duffy
    Participant

Stop by and introduce yourself. Using “@username” should make it easier to track each other.

So I’ll start, I’m both @admin and @jwordsmith, and this is my hairbrained scheme. Welcome!

I’m a sometimes-professional writer and webhead (I have written for national magazines and for businesses, I build websites for fun). I am also the mother of two brilliant boys (aged 7 & 5) and wife of another brilliant boy (age unspecified).

I’m originally from Scotland, but have been living in the US since 1995.

I daydream all the time, but I don’t write enough fiction. So that’s what I’m going to try to do this May.

ayen
    Participant

Hello! I’m @ayen and this hairbrained scheme sounds like a good idea.

I’m one of those post-college drifters who finally has some focus on how to get to where she wants to be. Now I just have to get there.

I’ve lived in the Midwest most of my life, but relocated to Maryland about two years ago. I still consider myself a Midwest girl at heart.

My plan for May is to post every single story attempt on my blog, in all of their half written, barely developed, first draft glory. This is to help me quit trying to edit as I go and to lose the fear of exposing my work and taking chances.

I will only be accountable for stories Monday – Friday.

Julie Duffy
    Participant

Hi @ayen!

Thanks for posting the intro.

Good for you, for posting your stories online. I think I”ll do the same, on the understanding that they are half-formed drafts and all that. Lose the fear! Love it!

Julie

Ieva
    Participant

Hello! I’m @callisia, which is my username for both NaNoWriMo and Script Frenzy.
    Yes, I just emerged victorious from the Script Frenzy and I want to take this challenge too.

I’m currently trying to hide this from my husband since he’ll probably suggest I need professional help. And I would have very few arguments against that. :D

Amanda Makepeace
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m @amandamakepeace. This is my first challenge and I’m very excited!

I’m a visual artist with a passion for reading and writing. There was a time when I wrote more than I painted. In my late twenties I decided to take a break from writing, but last year the bug hit me again.

Good luck everyone!

Dave
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m @recoveringmale, and this is my first time doing this. I write some things here and there and draw comic strips as well, but I’ve never done much in the way of short stories before. Excited.

Hello,
    I’m @sandraconnor I completed a few challenges like this in various fanfiction communities but this will be my first original story attempt. I’ve had one novella and three short stories published and am now working through Holly Lisle’s “How to Think Sideways” course. Yes, at thirty I have decided to start taking my writing seriously :)

Julie Duffy
    Participant

Welcome everyone!

Your excitement is feeding mine, so thanks for posting!

Hello! I’m @lmdershem and I’ve long played with the idea of making a twisted version of a mother goose story book; i.e. a dark fantasy anthology. Of course I’ve put it off for a long time, but I’m going to use this wonderful challenge to finally get that idea going!

Cid

Hey guys, I’m Cid @CidWrites ! Writer, instigator, blogger, and twitterholic.

I’m going to be juggling my own novel and my story-a-day things. I’m tentatively planning on blogging my efforts via the Story A Day blog I’ve set up. I’m also pushing my fellow writer group members to do this. I think right now I’ve coerced five people into doing this…..

Yup. The gears are turning in my head and I’m getting ready!

Melanie Holmes
    Participant

Hi all! I’m Melanie (@another) and I suppose I’m a writer, in the sense that I can’t seem to stop even if I sometimes hate it! I’ve concentrated on screenwriting over the past few months, so I’m kind of curious to find out what impact that’s had on my prose.

I didn’t sign up for a blog here because I’ve just started my own. I’m not sure I’ll make the “story a day” rule, but I’m certainly aiming for two stories each week of May. We’ll see! I’m terrifically excited to start, and meet some more writers. :)

Simon Kewin
    Participant

Hi, I’m Simon (@SimonKewin) – been writing for a while now and I just had to take up this challenge when I stumbled across it. Mind you, I’ll probably take weekends off. And I’m thinking Twitter Fiction will feature quite heavily …

My blog
    My web site

Gabriela
    Participant

Hi, I’m Gabriela (@gabi) and excited but also I’m slightly terrified by this project. I’m going to try for a story-a-day and I have a feeling that most of it will be flash fiction. I’m hoping that this will help me build some good writing habits now that I’m graduating from my MFA program and need to be more self-motivated.

Gabriela
    Participant

Oops! I forgot to mention: I’ll be blogging about my progress at on my blog

Pat Rosier
    Participant

Hi, I’m Pat (@peajayar). I’m wanting to write in different styles and points of view, so figure fast and furious might break me through to — something i can do something with. i’m aiming at six stories a week, posted to my blog on this site (peajayar). I also have another writing blog at peajayar.blogspot.com that I write in every three weeks or so. Gotta go and get writing!

Shyerazade
    Participant

@shyerazade here…jumping in with hope, no prep, but a Nano under my belt. Hello, fellow optimists!

Melyssa

Hi guys, I’m @ciamore! I first heard about this challenge only an hour ago, but I’m jumping in head first with absolutely no preparation and going for the full 31 stories. I won’t be juggling this challenge with anything else, but I have one NaNo win under my belt and I just completed Script Frenzy a few days ago. I’m hoping these two things will serve as practice and motivation instead of dragging me down. Good luck, everyone; write on!

Adelaide Hannah
    Participant

Hi, I’m @scholastika (I think…correct me if I’ve got this wrong), a friend of mine told me about this. I’m from Scotland, and I’ve been writing since I could write. Hoping to complete this but I’ve caught some illness so I may be out of action for a few days.

fairyhedgehog
    Participant

I’m fairyhedgehog all over the net, or @fairyhedgehog on Twitter!

I’m going for a flash fiction every weekday as that feels manageable. First drafts only – I’ll polish in June! I’m hoping it will get my creative juices flowing.

I have CFS so I can’t really do more than that at the moment.

I’m a bit confused about the best way to use this site but I expect I’ll get the hang of it.

Dorla Moorehouse
    Participant

I’m Dorla Moorehouse (@dorlamoorehouse) a writer living in Austin, Texas. About a year ago I dabbled in erotica, found I loved it, and hope one day to make a career out of my fiction. Especially because I don’t have much of a career to speak of at the moment . . . I have done National Novel Writing Month for five years, just finished doing a poem a day in April, and I’m excited to try this new venture!

I’ll be blogging my progress here, and also at my regular blog: http://dorlamoorehouse.blogspot.com

Alice Janell
    Participant

I’m Alice (@adorablyalice), and I was semi-pushed into this by @CidWrites. I’ve always written, but I did not begin to take writing seriously until I finished (and won!) my first NaNo in 09. Completing that challenge showed me that I -can- finish an entire novel (regardless of how rough that first draft was). So here I am, attempting to improve my skill at writing short stories.

Some other fun facts about me:
    *Live in Texas
    *Avid Knitter (www.theyarnpanda.com & yarnpanda on Ravelry.com)
    *Twitterholic (@adorablyalice)
    *WOW addict (when I can afford the habit)
    *Newlywed (March 13, 2010)

I’ll be juggling this challenge with finals and knitting projects – it is my goal to complete 15-20 stories this month.

Hello,
    I’m @scribblingirl and even though I completed Nano for the first time, I am finding this one more of a challenge. I’ve always wanted to write and now that I have the time to do it, I am suffering from severe brain farts. I hope to get at least 15 stories.
    Happy Writing and Good Luck everyone :)

becca

Hello, I’m becca ( @beccaeve – here and on Twitter). I’m a freelance writer, blogger, editor, poet and marketer. I’ve always struggled with fiction writing. I’m a three-year NanoWrimo dropout, but this challenge is going much better for me so far. I’m hoping this will ease me into fiction writing and maybe lead they way to one day finishing one of my novel ideas.

mmccubb
    Participant

Hi, my name is Mary @mmccubb both here, twitter and a few other places that I hang out. By day (and some nights – sigh), I am an IT person. I am now more into the design and analysis of systems. I could go further there but geek speak can bore me as well!
    My passion is in writing. Sometimes it is the non traditional poem, most often it is shorts or the long form. I am the ML for Central Iowa (CIANANO) during National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). I love, love, love all the wonderful people I meet both at our write-ins and those who join us virtually through the ustream feed that we do. I can honestly say that I have been enriched by so many of these folks, most who will call me mom in November but we call each other family and friend throughout the rest of the year. They have expanded my universe. I am a very lucky woman..
    I look forward to learning from all of you and expanding that universe for me just a little bit more.

Julie Duffy
    Participant

Great to have you, Mary. I’ve been finding the community aspects of these kinds of things really rewarding, too.

jflorob
    Participant

I’m hoping I can learn to write fiction! I’m new at this.

jflorob

Hello all! I’m @wawat (real name Lara, nicknamed Wawa due to pronunciation difficulties of older sibblings — it stuck). I’m doing a postdoc in theoretical physics in Cambridge, MA but my real passion is in writing (and no, not sci fi). People with physics-y or science questions are welcome to ask my opinion, but I’m as likely as not to not know either, but interesting discussions might ensue nonetheless :). I’m a Canadian from Quebec but recently moved after 9 years on the west coast (and feel like a west coaster!).
    I love to read: literature, poetry, YA, fantasy, the odd sci fi — mostly I just don’t do romance or mystery or extremely mainstream adult fiction. My physics addled brain has been searching out YA more and more and I want to start writing some myself!
    Cheers and good luck this May everybody!

Julie Duffy
    Participant

Welcome, Wawa ;)

Summer Ross
    Participant

Hey every one I’m @ladywriter1
    I adore writing but have a hard time following through so I’m going to try out the story a day for May and see where it leads me- maybe to some self discipline.
    I am a mother of two girls- I am a college student working on my BA in English. I get out of classes may 3rd so it should work out beautifully with story a day. I have My own blog already- so I don’t want to get one on this site- upkeep is a lot of work for just one blog. but if you would like to visit it I put it on my profile. :)
    I’m excited to meet and be here with you all. Have a great day!

Julie Duffy
    Participant

Hi Summer,

Glad the timing is good.

Don’t forget, any time you add an update here, you can post a link to your latest blog post elsewhere too (just use: http://yourbloglink.com )

Julie

Hi guys.

I’m Rob. I’m just finishing a masters degree in Product Design, but will hopefully be doing some writing this month. I’m not aiming for a story every day (mainly due to other commitments) but instead aiming for about 4 a week. I’m actually going to be writing one big story during the month but it will be split up into smaller, episodic, chunks. I’ve done some general planning and hoping it’ll be quite fun to do. I’ve written a fair amount in the past, mainly short fiction and I’ve done NaNo 3 times (won twice).

Good luck everyone!

Summer Ross
    Participant

Glad to meet you Rob! Good luck with your stories as well.

AnyMousse
    Participant

Hello. I’m @anymousse and this is my first time doing this challenge.

I have done NanoWriMo for the past three years, winning every year (so far), and I have done a two week writing challenge on my tumblr blog.

I’m always looking for ways to jumpstart my creativity, as it seems to be snoozing lately (if it isn’t already gone) and this looked like a fun thing to do. Especially considering the fact that outisde NanoWriMo, I write short stories.

I’m hoping I can make this it through all 31 days here, though I may take Saturdays and Sundays off, but I’m not sure yet.

Darlene
    Participant

Hi all, I’m kalmay and this will be my first time doing this challenge too. What I need is a fresh output of original story ideas to work on so I hope this will help get the creative juices working!

Summer Ross
    Participant

Hi Darlene and anymousse, Best of luck with the challenge- its my first time too

Eric Mills
    Participant

Hi, I’m @edgestate. I’m a phd student in physics. I’ve been writing for myself for a while but this is the first time I’ve ever actually signed up for a writing forum or posted anything I’ve written. I’m looking forward to getting some stories finished and taking the enormous step of actually sharing them with somebody.

Hey Eric! You’ve made a good choice in signing up as just knowing other people doing the same crazy challenge is a massive boost to confidence and drive.

Roger

Hello, I’m @mylhibug and I am here to challenge myself and hopefully improve my writing and I am looking forward to reading everyone else’s entries – as long as time will allow me, of course. I am a huge fan of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Mystery and Thrillers and, well let’s just say pretty much anything that is well-written. :) I also hope y’all keep me honest in my pursuit of this challenge. Have a great month!

Hi everyone

I’m @ishanm (here, and a few other places online) and I’ve primarily expressed myself through photography for the last few years. Barring a few short bursts of non class/work related writing over the years, I hadn’t written anything seriously until taking a writing workshop late last year. As much fun as that was, sitting down to write has been a struggle and I’m looking forward to this challenge to get things going.

Good luck everyone!

Yan

Hi everyone,

I’m Yan (@yanoak, which is also my twitter handle). Actually this is the second year I’m trying it out. I’m hoping to actually write as much as I can this year though. Last year I amassed a total paltry pathetic story-count of 1.

I’m from Singapore and would love to meet other people doing this who are also from the sunny little island.

Have a great month and good luck everyone!

Shelby

Hi, everyone. I’m Shelby (@shelbydanvers), and this is my first year doing Story A Day. I’m here to challenge myself, and hopefully learn how to finish a story, as that’s my one greatest weakness in writing.

Best of luck to everyone else.

I’m Kat (@kathrineroid), and I joined Story A Day on a complete whim. I think I saw something about it a few days ago. Not sure what prompted me a few hours ago to come back to this site and join, but here I am! My favored genre is science fiction (and her twin, fantasy), but I enjoy anything with a dose of adventure and thrill. I joined Story A Day because a) I’ve become to caught up in worrying about quality lately, b) I need to learn how to write a full story within a couple thousand words, and c) I really really want to get into the swing of writing every day. Here’s to pansting!

Kenys
    Participant

*waves*

I’m Cole (@kenys). I’m an artist and I love writing challenges.

My big problem with monthly challenges is that I procrastinate and put things off till the end (with varying levels of success). So Story-A-Day is a bit exciting for me because I’m going to have to actually work on it over the course of the month.

I’m doing an abbreviated version (20-25 stories) because I’ve committed to National Epic Poetry Month and don’t think I could handle a full 31 on top of that.

Jenna
    Participant

Hello :)

I’m Jenna (@cosmicmermaid). I thought I could handle this challenge last year, but I was wrong! I only wrote one single paragraph for the entire month. So, naturally, now that I have more to do this year, for some reason I think I can handle it. :p

Heya, guys. I’m Elizabeth (@elizabethtwist – also my Twitter handle). I decided a couple of years ago to take my writing more seriously. I’ve been dividing my time between novel length projects and short fiction. I’m lo0king forward to spending May practicing the art of making beginnings, middles, and endings, over and over and over… Nice to see some familiar and unfamiliar names here!

Hello, I’m Kristen (@ninjakittyofdoom). I’m a creative writing major that hasn’t finished a single piece of writing since I graduated two years ago. I’ve been wanting to get back into the habit of writing, and this sounds like the perfect challenge for me. Here’s to writing!!!

Sam Webb

Hello there, I’m Sam (@sammyjw). I’m a homeschooling Mom and working hard to get back to my inner writer. Completed my first Nano last November and was a large Fail at Script Frenzy! My goal is 20 days this month. Pretty much Monday through Friday. And off we go!

Carolyn Paul Branch
    Participant

Hi, I’m Carolyn (@workerbee) I’m a Master Procrastinator who needs a deadline and (sometimes) a swift kick to get started. I live in the country, work only part time, have no young children or serious responsibilities. All my excuses have grown up and gone. It’s now or never.

Howdy, I’m Aaron (@towriteperchancetodream the same name of my blog on worpress). I am one of those crazy ones. I’m working on three projects (a short serial, a YA novel and a fantasy novel series) on top of my story a day. I’m hoping to average at least 1,000 words everyday on each story (which usually takes an hour for me if I’m not distracted.) I plan to go all out for the story a day, sunday through sunday. I also love reading and reviewing others’ work. I’m certainly glad I was shown a link to this.

Summer Ross
    Participant

Hello Kristin, Sam, Carolyn, and Aaron! Very glad to meet you!

Donna Mann

Hi there! I am Donna (@dmpeacefrog38 here). I stumbled on this from somewhere else (wish I could remember) but have been thinking and thinking since I found it. I was happy to join and read the amazing things I have ready by other much more brave folks! I am going to find a place to post what I wrote this morning, hopefully!

Summer Ross
    Participant

Welcome Donna!

Alexis A. Hunter
    Participant

Hello all!

My name is Alexis (@ladyshivesa) and I’ve been writing since I was about 9. For years I struggled to finish an epic fantasy novel/trilogy, but was unable to complete it. A little frustrated, I decided to take a break last year and take a shot at short stories and flash fiction. So far it’s been a fantastic adventure.

I’m super excited about the storyaday challenge! I started a few days late, but I’ve written three stories so far in the past two days. I hope to continue every day through the end of the month.

Summer Ross
    Participant

Welcome Alexis- I hope you find this experience rewarding!

MAJK

Greetings, this will be my first year here. I am looking forward to the Story a Day challenge. My friends think I am slightly insane a I am wrapping up the A to Z blog challenge from April but I am truly excited.

Short Stories (less than 15K words) are my weakest area. I am hoping by challenging myself in this way I can strengthen that.
    I look forward to getting to know each of you and learning from some of the veterans.

*~ MAJK ~*

Jayne T

Hi, this is my first time here,too. I’m hoping it will help me quit procrastinating all the time. I’m always complaining I never have time to write…and what am I doing now?

Donna Munt

Hi all, I’m Donna (@mummymunt). I’m in Queensland, Australia. I’ve been away from writing for ten years due to ongoing issues with mental health. Finally found a medication that lets me be almost normal, and best of all the writing bug is back, so this is my way of throwing myself into the deep end. Hopefully there’ll be more swimming than sinking :)

Julie Duffy
    Participant

Hi Donna, that’s wonderful! Glad to have you here,
    Julie

Gini Atwell

Hello everyone! I’m @ginipig and I’m excited to do this challenge. It’s my first one. I even went out and bought a new notebook for it today! (There goes gas money, right?)

I’m from the Midwest, near the Mississippi River, and I’ve been writing since I got out of the third grade. Or something like that. I’m hoping this challenge will help me define myself as a writer.

Good luck everyone! :D

Julie Duffy
    Participant

Hi Gini! I’m excited to have you here. I’ve heard great things from people about what this challenge has done for them. Good luck!

Jane

@bjaneb here! Excited to give this a shot. I love challenges.

Jane

Hello everyone, I’m Jane and my username is @groovypumpkin – I’ve not really written anything before, but have a feeling that I’d like to write for my children. I’m not expecting too much from myself, but want to have a go!

I’m really looking forward to taking part.

Jane :D

Caio
    Participant

Hi guys! I’m Caio, my user name is @decarabas.
    I’m Brazilian, yet love to write both in english and portuguese. Sometimes spanish, too, and now I’m learning German and want to experiment. Anyhoo, I’ve been writing for a long time now, and I believe the storyaday will give me the jumpstart I need to write a book…

Fireleap

Hallo! I’m Fireleap, and also @fireleap -
    Nanoer, Screnzier.. I like to think I thrive on timed artistic challenges (I actually filled 10 out of 12 months of my year with them). *ahem*

So, I don’t write short stories a lot. Except for school. In which case, they turn out pretty lame, cliche… Not always, but y’know how it is with school. But I really like short stories. They’re an art form all on their own, really, the way how they’re ‘self-contained’ stories that don’t overflow onto the next page/chapter. Makes one prioritize on what one wants to say.

Ahhh, I ramble a lot. Another fact you might like to know. Anyway, can’t wait to start and write alongside all of you! Now, I shall get back to finishing my Scriptfrenzy script *I’ve fallen behind quite a bit*…

~ Firey

Lalage
    Participant

Salutations, homedogs. I’m Gabe, @gentlemanblue. I’ve done NaNo and Script Frenzy before, and I wanted to hurl myself into another month of writing euphoria. I’m thrilled to join everyone else in this quest for splenditude.

Julie Duffy
    Participant

@groovypumpkin good for you. Throw yourself in. Whatever you come out with they’ll be a bunch of first drafts you didn’t have before.

@fireleap I love short stories too. The rambling might indicate you’re an epic novelist by nature, but there is much value in honing your short story skills. Welcome!

@gentlemanblue Ah, a Gentlemanblue after my own heart. Some of us need deadlines! Glad you found us.

Okie doke, I’m Alyssa (@alyssashively) I did this challenge last year and wrote around 20 stories, I think. I’m going to try again this year, but I’ve got a lot going on, so I’m not sure how much I’ll do. @towriteperchancetodream is busy starting a business, so he won’t be participating this year, even though he really wants to.

Hello I’m @alexandervanderman, and this is the first time I’ve tried any type of month long writing challenge. I’m not sure how this is going to go for me, I’m starting a new job in May, but I’m going to try writing something everyday at least for the next month. Good luck to me, and every one else participating here!

I started a blog at alexandervanderman.wordpress.com to post my stories at, I’m still setting it up though.

Julie Duffy
    Participant

Hi @alyssashively Glad you’re back! Hey, even if you can’t write as much as you’d like, we’d love to have you around, encouraging the newbies ;)

@alexandervanderman Starting a new job and a writing challenge is, well, a challenge! But it might be a great thing to integrate the two into a new routine that is balanced between the wage-earning and soul-feeding parts of your life. Maybe you can write (dictate?) while you commute?

Donna Barker

Hello ambitious ones! I’m Donna @donnabarker. My novel was conceived during NaNoWriMo 2007 and I’ll be having my first public reading on June 3rd. It was a lo-o-ong gestation period! Thrilled to have another motivator to keep me honest as I try to find the heart of my next novel. All I know for sure is that it will be set in Cuba… could be fiction. Might be non-fiction. We’ll see where my daily stories lead me!

djmcphee

Hello everyone, I’m Derek. (@DerekMcPhee on the twitterz). I look forward to writing a lot, guzzling coffee, chatting with all you wonderful people, and occasionally producing something good. Let’s roll!

djm.

Julie Duffy
    Participant

@Donna Thwt’s great. Hope the stories bring you some great materials.

Leslie
    Participant

I’m @lastdefense (or Leslie) I’m a wife and student studying for my Bachelors in Wildlife Conservation and Management. I also have a small zoo going on here O_o
    I participated in NaNoWriMo this past November and surprised myself by completing the task. I surprised myself again by not being able to really write much after that. I’m hoping this will jump start whatever is lying dormant and get me back into the habit :)

rekha

This is Rekha @rekasang. I am already familiar with writing memes, to join after A-Z 2012 may be crazy but as a flash and short story writer I look forward to getting into writing again after a month’s break. 500 to 3000 words six days and micro fiction on Sundays is the aim. Let’s see how it goes.
    I also plan to join either the http://junowrimo.com/ or http://www.julnowrimo.com/ – June and July novel writing month sites as November always happens to be ‘playing with the nephews’ month for me.

Julie Jordan Scott
    Participant

Happy May Day, everyone! I am claiming this as my New Years Day so woo hoo so grateful to spend it with you!

I am @juliejordanscot : a happy performing poet, facilitator, teacher, trainer, memoir writer from Bakersfield, California.

I LOVE (and I mean LOVE!) writing challenges. I am using StoryaDay to write 300 word vignettes, primarily in lifewriting… at least that’s what I am thinking now. Usually my plans shift as I write along… which I enjoy doing with each of you.

Jaki Idler

Hello All!

I’m Jaki, @idler. I write speculative fiction. I wrote a slew of shorts while waiting for my alpha readers to finish my novel and was looking for a spur for more shorts while I’m editing. (Even got my first sale!)

I’m hoping to come out of this with ideas and the sense of finishing something in a day, so I may not write an entire story every day. If I edit a complete chapter, or outline a complete story, I’ll give myself credit for those too.

Looking forward to a productive month with all of you!

-JI

ray

Hey @rayrozen here! Having a fun time so far with a story a day in may. Yesterday, did a bit of a cheat and finished up a 70ish page story, which I guess counts, even though I started it two weeks ago:) Today, am proud of my latest story, which is something I have been wanting to write for about a year, which I probably can’t publish until I move because it might piss off my landlady, as it details the fictitious (but glorious) death of her annoying dog.

Anyway, I am thankful for the fire being lit under my butt, and I’m glad to be here:)

Ann
    Participant

Hello! May snuck up on me & so I thought today was the 1st! I have always said that I wanted to write but I’m never disciplined about it, although I’ve twice kept a regular blog that lasted about a year each time.

So… I posted my first story … in one way or another this event will probably keep recurring in my writing: it shattered my life. I hope that writing will put it into an appropriate box so I can put it away. :-) I’m also hoping that by regularly writing, I’ll get better at writing!

Looking forward to May & to reading what all of you are up to…

Dan West

Greetings, salutations, etc.

Dan here, @zagros. Like many others I’m a professional Something Else and cannot not write, though sometimes have long-ish droughts.

My goal for the month is 10 stories with some work done every day.

Gunjishq
    Participant

Hi,

I am @gunjishq. First time around, and hoping to get into the routine everyday with this challenge. They say is you do anything everyday for three weeks, it becomes a habit. Lots of idea, crunch of time (full time job, two children(2 and 4)), physical exercise, spiritual quest and a husband to please, take up my whole day. Been struggling to write for an hour everyday since February. This group seemed God given at a time I really needed a push.

5 stories a week is my goal for the month!

Michal Karni
    Participant

I’m Michal @michal
    I want to write more. And I want to finish what I start.
    I still can’t figure out why I didn’t start doing this 30 yrs ago.

Hillel says, “If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?” Ethics of the Fathers, 1:14

If not now, when? that is my theme! Now is the time, no more excuses! Write, write and more write. Even if I don’t finish every story every day or post every day, I will write.

My goal is to have 31 different pieces by May 31.

Kieran

I’m Kieran (@Keeksta)
    I’m coming in late, as I’ve only just found out about this challenge and my exams are just around the corner but I’m going to give this a shot. I have a nanowrimo under my belt and even managed to sell a few copies of the book that came out of it.
    Writing every day won’t be something new to me but actually finishing what I start that day will be, I’m hoping that I will come out of this challenge a much better writer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.