Mere days, people… Only days until the writing adventure begins! My own writing has been lagging since NaNoWriMo came to it’s unfortunate yet inevitable end. Storyaday is just the kick I need to get back into gear. I’ve got hundreds of ideas and I’m hoping a handful will actually make decent stories, but only time will tell.
I’m setting up a plan and I’ll be using this place to collect my ideas, thoughts and stories. I might throw in some artwork of my short stories as well. I tend to be inspired by drawing characters. Some of the short stories will be themed around sketches I’ve already drawn, in which case I’ll be sure to post them with the story. Remember, a picture’s worth a thousand words, and I plan on telling their story.
Storyaday is about growing as a writer so the goal is to write a little bit of everything, but we’ll see how it goes.
The GAME PLAN:
- All stories will range from 500-5000 words. No more, no less.
- Stories will come with a sketch or some type of art for inspiration.
- Stories will be split evenly between the male and female perspective. (or as close to even as possible)
- All ideas can be used…eventually. Never throw anything away, always write it down!
- At least one story a week will be in a genre I’m not good at writing or will include it within the story . (Romance, Humor, Horror)
- Writing will be the priority right after school.
- All stories written for the challenge will be posted on this blog.
Any prompts or interesting snip its will be posted on this blog as well. Maybe it’ll inspire some of y’all.