This one is less a true ‘market’ and more a community writing opportunity.
The excellent folks at Write Anything (a multi-author writing blog) put together a challenge every Friday. You write, you post it at your own blog and you post a link at their site. Simple!
Upcoming themes include: “The Million Dollar Idea”, a Valentine’s theme, and a challenge to write a story in an 1880s, Western town.
From the website:
How To Play:
1. Check this page for the weekly challenge.
2. Write for a minimum of 5 minutes… AND THEN KEEP GOING!
3. NO editing. ( well.. do the obvious spelling and punctuation.. but nothing major)
4. On Friday, post it to your blog.
5. Come back to Write Anything and leave the link to your post using the Link generator.
6. Visit other’s posts and leave constructive comments.
7. Use Twitter (with our hashtag of #fictionfriday) or Facebook etc to tell your network about the stories posted up….
They also encourage you to record your story and submit the link for Spoken Sunday. I’m a real sucker for both reading aloud and listening to other people read aloud, so I’ll definitely be doing this!