After my meltdown halfway through the month last year, I decided to do things a bit differently this time. For two days, I’ll write entirely new stories. On the third day, I’ll finish a story I’ve started and never finished, or rewrite a story that needs it. And I’m taking Sundays off. I think that will be much easier on me. So today, since it’s the third day, I rewrote one of the stories I wrote last year for Story a Day. It had been cleaned up and rewritten slightly since then, and passed out to my writers’ group, but I’d never taken the time to finish the rewrite. I changed the ending entirely, changed the magic system some, and incorporated a fair number of very good suggestions my writers’ group had given me. It’s still a bit rough, and I’ll let it sit a day or two before I do the final rewrite, but I’m much more satisfied with it now.