What Is StoryADay September?
StoryADay started out as a once-a-year event, but people asked for more, and so StoryADay September was born!
Just like StADaMay, StADaSep is a chance for you to commit to writing a story every day for a month (or ‘more stories than you would any other month’ – remember: you set your own rules!)
Unlike May, StoryADay September is a stripped-down affair. You get:
- A single, weekly email from me containing five writing prompts.
- Access to the StoryADay online community, but without the daily reminder to post your progress.
What’s new for 2017:
- An optional, accountability checklist for you to fill in, daily.
- A survey at the end for anyone who’s willing to share the results of your checklist with me (this will help me see what’s working for people in StoryADay and where you need more support)
- A weekly podcast
There may be some other extras, like pep talks on video, worksheets and lessons etc., but StoryADaySeptember feels a little more…self-guided than the May challenge.
Will There Be A Critique Group?
If there is demand, there may be a critique group at the end (in October, similar to what we did in June), but this time there may be a fee. (A girl’s gotta eat!)
Should You Take Part?
If you want an excuse to write more short stories, a deadline, and a supportive community…yes!
How Do You Take Part?
- Sign up, below!
- Set your own rules (Me? I’ll be writing one 100 word Drabble every week day)
- Write your stories. Post them at your own site, or keep them secret in a notebook, it’s up to you.
- Connect with other writers (in the online SToryADay Community, in the comments of the weekly blogposts, on Twitter or Instagram #StADaSep17,