How Do You Write A StoryADay For A Month?
First of all let’s start with the better question:
Why write a story a day for a month?
- It’s not to write 31 brilliant stories that will instantly get published and make you rich and famous.
- It’s not so that you can prove how long you can go without sleep.
- It is about making a conscious effort to be creative every day.
- It is about a focused efforts to practice the craft of storytelling: the act of going from idea to beginning to middle to end.
- It is about connecting with other people who want to make their writing a priority
- It is about training your brain to see the world as one great big lucky dip of ideas, characters, conflicts, beauty, tragedy…in short: story material.
Come on this month long journey with us, and discover how much happier you are when you do whatever it takes to acknowledge your creative self every day.
No, at the end of this month you will not have 31 perfect stories.
At the end of this month you will have
- A pile of first draft that you can use as source material for future writing,
- An understanding of how you work best as a creative writer,
- A rock solid belief in your own ability to go from the beginning to the end of the story whenever you have to,
- A sense of accomplishment and pride in your self, and
- The courage and confidence to call yourself a writer.
Keep coming back, all month, to find out how you can give yourself the gift of rediscovering the joy of creative writing.