I’m always banging on about journeys: “the character needs to move from one state to another”, “writing is as much about the journey as the destination”…
Well, enough with the metaphysical. Today we take a character and kick them to the kerb!
Your character takes a journey
- It does have to be a literal journey.
- It doesn’t have to be far.
- But it can be.
- It can also be metaphorical.
- This will work best if they really, really want something and the journey is a part of that: promising reward or getting in the way of that ‘want’.
1. You should use the prompt in your story.
2. You must write the story in one 24 hr period – the faster the better.
3. Post the story in the comments — if you’re brave enough.
4. Find something nice to say about someone else’s story and leave a comment. Everybody needs a little support!
Share this challenge on Twitter or Facebook
Some tweets/updates you might use:
Don’t miss my story of a journey #WriteOnWed #storyaday http://storyaday.org/wow-journey
This week’s #WriteOnWed short story prompt is about a journey #storyaday http://storyaday.org/wow-journey
Come and write with us! #WriteOnWed #storyaday http://storyaday.org/wow-journey
See my story – and write your own, today: a journey!! #WriteOnWed #storyaday http://storyaday.org/wow-journey