It’s that time again: Serious Writer’s Accountability Group Check In!
But before we get to that, a quick request: if you like StoryADay and find it useful, could you help me spread the word by nominating it for the annual Write To Done Best Websites For Authors list? Thanks!
You’re back! Or you’re here for the first time. Either way, good for you!
Welcome to the Serious Writers Accountability Group, where we post our goals for the coming month and ‘fess up to how much we wrote last month.
Leave a comment below telling us how you got on last month, and what you plan to do next month, then check back in on the first of each month, to see how everyone’s doing.
(It doesn’t have to be fiction. Feel free to use this group to push you in whatever creative direction you need.)
Don’t remember what you promised to do? Check out the comments on previous SWAGr posts.
And don’t forget to celebrate with/encourage your fellow SWAGr-ers on their progress!
Examples of Goals Set By SWAGr-ers in previous months
- Complete a draft of a story – Ashley
- Write 1 blog post a week – Cris
- Write 10,000 (fiction) words this month.” – Julie
- Read a new short story every day.” – Julie
- Track my time and see what’s getting in the way of my writing – Alex
- Revise two short stories and research possible markets – Jeannie
- Schedule “me time” to recharge my creative juices – Jeannie
- Finish one of my other short stories and send it out – Maureen
- Write at least 500 words a day on any project – Maureen
- Write 1,500 words a day on my book. On weekends … write 2,500 words a day – Jeffrey
- Writing the synopsis for my novel – Misa
- Finish one story draft each month – Carol
So, what will you do this month? Leave your comment below:
(Next check-in, Jan 1, 2015. Tell your friends. )
Don’t forget, if you need inspiration for a story you can still get ALL THE PROMPTS from StoryADay May 2014 and support the running of the StoryADay challenge at the same time. Give a little, get a little 🙂 Click here.
Ever fancied going on a Writer’s Retreat? I wanted to let you know about a lovely retreat organized by Charlotte Rains Dixon, who was nice enough to host me on her blog a while ago.
The retreat is next summer in the south of France (a beautiful region I visited years ago). I’ll be interviewing Charlotte about the retreat here at StoryADay.org, but if you’re interested don’t miss the discount that’s on offer until the end of Dec.
Check out the Write In France Retreat Discount.