Focus on the middle of your story
- Write a sketchy opening today e.g. [Scene: Woman, alone in her living room. There’s a knock at the door…]
- Create an ‘inciting incident’ AKA “Something that happens to change things” and have your character react to it, in a way that’s not helpful.
- Start to topple the dominos from that initial incorrect reaction.
- Write a sketchy ending. You can fix this up later. Focus on making the middle work!
Leave a comment and let us know how it went today.
Start Your Fulfilling, Creative Life As A Writer
Join the free StoryADay Creativity Challenge and receive:
- Writers Roadmap: fit writing into even your busiest days
- Stay on Track Toolkit: overcome any creative challenge, no running out of ideas - ever
DON'T MISS OUT
ON YOUR LIFE'S CALLING