Focus on the middle of your story
- Write a sketchy opening today e.g. [Scene: Woman, alone in her living room. There’s a knock at the door…]
- Create an ‘inciting incident’ AKA “Something that happens to change things” and have your character react to it, in a way that’s not helpful.
- Start to topple the dominos from that initial incorrect reaction.
- Write a sketchy ending. You can fix this up later. Focus on making the middle work!
Leave a comment and let us know how it went today.
WRITE A SHORT STORY TODAY!
Download the free StoryADay Short Story Framework and:
- Draft a short story today: no more stalling
- Discover the story-telling secret in finishing your stories
- Make today Day One of the rest of your writing life
DON'T MISS OUT ON YOUR LIFE'S CALLING!