The last of the content-less prompts today!
Today I’m sticking with the theme of timed-writing but trying something a little different.
Pick Three Times Today When You Will Write Parts Of A Complete Story
- Try to start earlyish in the day and write the opening of your story.
- Pick a time a few hours later to write some more, and then again, later in the day to finish up.
- Notice how easy or hard it was for you to get into the writing at different times of the day.
- Think about professional writers on deadline, on book tours, who teach, who have ‘real jobs’. They have to find a way to write whether or not life is getting out of their way. Practicing squeezing a story into different parts of your day can be a useful skill.
- Pay attention to whether or not one of the times of day worked best for you (tip: it might not. You might simply find you need to get the flow going, or that you’re ace at writing in fragments any time of the day. Be open to experimentation here).
- Finish the story!
Don’t forget to comment here about your writing day or join The Victory Dance Group and let us know how you got on today.