Happy New Year!
Here’s your first writing prompt of the year.
Use the title The Cruelest Month and set your timer for 30 minutes. Write a story with a beginning, middle and an end
- Spend five minutes brainstorming a character, a situation, a problem, and then start writing.
- At the ten minute mark, make sure you’re moving into the meat of the story, complicating your character’s life.
- At the twenty minute mark, start writing your way to the finale. Even if the story is sketchy, start planning your ending, and race towards it.
- Spend a few minutes reading over the story, making notes on things you might like to change/add.
- Revel in your ability to tell a story!