Now, on to 2015.
This month, it’s a special Serious Writer’s Accountability Group: a brand new year is upon us. List your resolutions for the month (or the year) here and check in again next month to update us all!
Remember the SMART acronym: make your goals Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely (remember to build in a ‘when’, for when you’ll do all the writing you set yourself)
Leave a comment below telling us how you got on last month, and what you plan to do next month, then check back in on the first of each month, to see how everyone’s doing.
(It doesn’t have to be fiction. Feel free to use this group to push you in whatever creative direction you need.)
Don’t remember what you promised to do? Check out the comments on previous SWAGr posts.
And don’t forget to celebrate with/encourage your fellow SWAGr-ers on their progress!
Examples of Goals Set By SWAGr-ers in previous months
- Complete a draft of a story – Ashley
- Write 1 blog post a week – Cris
- Write 10,000 (fiction) words this month.” – Julie
- Read a new short story every day.” – Julie
- Track my time and see what’s getting in the way of my writing – Alex
- Revise two short stories and research possible markets – Jeannie
- Schedule “me time” to recharge my creative juices – Jeannie
- Finish one of my other short stories and send it out – Maureen
- Write at least 500 words a day on any project – Maureen
- Write 1,500 words a day on my book. On weekends … write 2,500 words a day – Jeffrey
- Writing the synopsis for my novel – Misa
- Finish one story draft each month – Carol
So, what will you do this month? Leave your comment below:
(Next check-in, Feb 1, 2015. Tell your friends. )
Don’t forget, if you need inspiration for a story you can still get ALL THE PROMPTS from StoryADay May 2014 and support the running of the StoryADay challenge at the same time. Give a little, get a little 🙂 Click here.