Welcome to Week 3! You’re still here! I’m very impressed…
This week we’ll be looking at some of the fun ways short stories can be written that are nothing like mini-novels.
Write A Story In The Form Of A List
Ideas for your list story:
- Shopping List
- 10 Things I Hate/Love About You
- To Do List
- List of books the character has/wants to read, with commentary (also movies)
- A list of deceased childhood pets
- A list of your character’s fears
- In the video I credited this story to Lydia Davis, but of course it is Jennifer Egan: To Do.
- You can also look at McSweeney’s list articles, which are a little more snarky commentary than character stories.
This is a great refresher after a week of deep narrative work.
Go and have some fun!