Today we’re stealing from the Beach Boys. Use their title to write an original story
Write A Story Titled “Good Vibrations”
- You can write a Beach Boys-related story about surfing and California if you want.
- Think about the ways you could use the words in the title — ways that have nothing to do with the original song.
- Write 10 different ideas for plays on the words ‘good’ and ‘vibrations’
- Write a story about a person who was influenced by (or grew up listening to) the song
- Set the story somewhere completely unexpected (like 10,000 years in the future, on an alien moon colony), or under the sea.
What did you do with this prompt? How are you holding yup 23 days into the challenge? What do you need to get you to Day 31? Comment or talk about it in the community.
2 thoughts on “[Writing Prompt] Title Recall”
So sleepy tonight that I’m not sure this even can be called a story. But here it is: http://guptacarlsonshortstories.blogspot.com/2014/05/drugs-of-choice.html
“I love this chair,” the client gushed.
Dawna just smiled. She heard the same story all day long at the nail salon. The clients came in for a pedicure and left with a full-blown chair massage and pretty toes, thanks to the massage chair/foot spa combo. Just then, the owner, Cassidy, wandered by.
“Ma’am, you’re the owner?” the client asked. “This chair is fabulous!”
Cassidy smiled. “Thank you. After reading the description in the sale flyer, I couldn’t get the Beach Boys song ‘Good Vibrations’ out of my head. I wasn’t so certain about it, but the first one I bought was amazing.”
“I’ll say!” the client agreed.
Dawna shook her head and made a face as the owner left. When the client asked why she’d done that, Dawna blushed and said, “I’m going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.”
“There are worse fates,” the client laughed.