In honor of all the kids I know who will be spending this morning filling in bubbles on test papers, let’s use the weirdness of the short story form to try something a little different today.
Write a story in the form of a multiple-choice test
- It seems to me this would be perfect for a break-up letter. One person could provide questions about the relationship or the break-up, with multiple answers for the recipient (and the reader) to choose from.
- I’m thinking about writing a murder mystery in this format.
- A horror story could also be fun
- You could parody the form. You remember? One answer is always ridiculously wrong, one is right, one could be right and the other one is wrong, but not-as-obviously.
- Or you could ignore that, and just write amusing/terrifying answers.
I’m not going to write any more tips because I just came up with this prompt and I’m really, really curious to see what you you do with it!
If you share you story somewhere (and here’s why you might not want to) post a link here so we can come and read it.
Leave a comment to let us know what you wrote about today, and how it went!