If you haven’t written a story for the the Nov/Dec holiday-of-your-choice, now’s the time.
Write a Christmas/Other Religiously-Affiliated Seasonal Story, a Thanksgiving Story, or a New Year Story To Include With Your Seasonal Greetings Cards.
- Write a short piece that you could include with your holiday cards instead of the dreaded ‘family update’ letter.
- Think about a few of your friends and what kind of story they’d appreciate (make it your most fun/twisted/dearest friends)
- Keep the story to about 500 words, so it fits on one side of a printed page.
- You don’t have to actually send the story, just imagine delighting these particular people, as you write.
- Feel free to send it to them, with a note saying you were thinking of them.
- You could do a parody of a traditional seasonal story, or a parody of the family update letter.
- You could write a sweet, sentimental seasonal story, or a dark piece especially for the friend who you know hates the holidays (especially useful as cathartic therapy when you’ve been out trying to shop in the holiday crowds!)
- You can post it as your holiday greeting on Facebook or your blog.
- Get creative. Let loose.
P.S. I collected a few of my holiday stories into a little ebook collection. You could try this too!