Today’s prompt is, rather appropriately, about the moment before something big.
It’s the breath before the scream; the crouch before the leap; the blink before the resolute stare; The moment with her hand on the door frame before she leaves for good.
• Make sure your story travels from start to end: don’t just write a scene, make someone or something change between the first word and the last.
1. You should use the prompt in your story (however tenuous the connection).
2. You must write the story in one 24 hr period – the faster the better.
3. Post the story in the comments — if you’re brave enough.
4. Find something nice to say about someone else’s story and leave a comment. Everybody needs a little support!
Share this challenge on Twitter or Facebook
Some tweets/updates you might use:
Don’t miss my short story: Leap! #WriteOnWed #storyaday https://storyaday.org/wow-leap
This week’s #WriteOnWed short story prompt is the deep breath before the plunge! #storyadayhttps://storyaday.org/wow-leap
Come and write with us! #WriteOnWed #storyaday https://storyaday.org/wow-leap
See my story – and write your own, today: Leap at #WriteOnWed #storyaday https://storyaday.org/wow-leap