It’s January: the time of resolutions and fresh starts.
Write a story in which your character is starting over, has a fresh start, or resolves to do something differently from now on.
- Your ‘character’ doesn’t have to be a human. It could be a fresh start for an old building; a story written from the perspective of a newly-laundered curtain flapping on the clothes line; a demon with a quota to fill…go wild.
- Write fast, as fast as you can.
- Make sure your story travels from start to end: don’t just write a scene, make someone or something change between the first word and the last.The Rules:
- You must write the story in one 24 hr period – the faster the better.
- Post the story in the comments — if you’re brave enough.
- Find something nice to say about someone else’s story and leave a comment. Everybody needs a little support!
Share this challenge on Twitter or Facebook
Some tweets/updates you might use:
Don’t miss my Starting Over short story: #WriteOnWed #storyaday
This week’s #WriteOnWed short story prompt is Starting Over: #storyaday
Come and keep your writing resolution with with this week’s prompt: #WriteOnWed #storyaday
See my story – and write your own, today: #WriteOnWed #storyaday