We’re less than a month away from StoryADay May 2018.
Yes, I’m going to be providing you with optional writing prompts. The best stories, however, come from ideas that you care about.
You can use my prompts, but it is going to be the sparks of ideas that you collect, that ignite your stories.
That’s why, before every challenge, I encourage you to gather Story Sparks, fragments of maybe-story-ideas.
Gather three Story Sparks a day for the next week.
- Read this post on Story Sparks, with some ideas to get you started.
- Read the “Secrets To Your Success” article from the StoryADay Essentials series, which defines a Story Spark and how you can use them to ‘win’ StoryADay.
- If you’re already on the mailing list, dig out the Creativity Bundle you received when you subscribed, and use the Story Sparks Catchers I created for you. If you aren’t on the mailing list, sign up to get your Story Sparks Bundle now!
If you collect three Story Sparks a day now, you will
- Gather 21 interesting nuggets for inclusion in stories, this week alone
- Start looking at the world like a writer does: it’s all material
- Train your brain to start thinking creatively
- Be bursting with ideas when you sit down to write!