OK, so I’ve used my real-life Story Cubes to generate a prompt once before, but now the cute game has an even cuter app, and who am I to resist?
So, behold: this week’s story prompt comes from the Rory’s Story Cubes app.
I’ll leave it up to you whether you use ALL the cubes, but I think I have to insist that you use at least five. Good luck!
(P.S. With a shooting star, a magic wand, a turtle and a world, how many of you are going to be writing Discworld fan-fic?)
- Don’t worry about your audience and who might read it
- Make sure your story travels from start to end: don’t just write a scene, make someone or something change between the first word and the last.
- You should use the prompt in your story (however tenuous the connection).
- You must write the story in one 24 hr period – the faster the better.
- Post the story in the comments — if you’re brave enough.
- Find something nice to say about someone else’s story and leave a comment. Everybody needs a little support!
Share this challenge on Twitter or Facebook
Some tweets/updates you might use:
Don’t miss my StoryCube-inspired short story: #WriteOnWed #storyaday
This week’s #WriteOnWed short story prompt is dice-based! #storyaday
Come and write with us: #WriteOnWed #storyaday
See my story – and write your own, today: #WriteOnWed #storyaday