…but sometimes so are a thousand words!
Go to the Flickr Explore page and pick the first photo that catches your eye.
Stare at it for five minutes or so and write a story inspired by it.
- Pick the most visually arresting picture, the one that interests you immediately.
- It might not be obvious what the story is going to be.
- This will probably make the story better.
- Don’t waste any time writing backstory. Think hard then start when something is happening or about to.
- Remember that stories are all about character. What does your character want? What is getting in her way?
Remember to post in The Victory Dance when you’ve finished your story today. You’ll get congratulations and inspire everyone else to finish their stories.
(You don’t have to post your story anywhere, just let us know you have written today)