Today I’m taking you right back to the beginning…the very first StoryADay May prompt, from May 1, 2010.
Today, go to the Newest Articles section of the front page of Wikipedia.
- Choose one. Scan the titles, stop at the first one that grabs you and click. Don’t second-guess yourself.
- Read the article. As you read, look for some detail or phrase or idea that strikes you.
- Write your story. Don’t try to retell the story as it was told in the article. Focus on the idea or detail that caught your imagination. Turn that into a story.
Today is a particularly important day…you’ve spent the past month focusing on your writing and your life as a writer.
I couldn’t be more proud of you!
I encourage you to download the post-challenge worksheet attached to this page and either print it out or simply use the question and answer them in your journal.
What was a sure-fire way to torpedo your writing day?
What surprised you?
WRITE IT ALL DOWN
While you’re in the throes of the challenge it’s easy to think you’ll never forget all the lessons you’re learning.
So save the lessons, put them somewhere safe, then take the rest of the day off. Maybe tomorrow too. You deserve it.
Celebrate Your Success
And don’t forget to download your Certificate of Completion. Print it out, fill in your name, and post a picture of yourself on social media with the hashtag #StoryADayMay
Read A Book, Support An Indie
Special thanks to all the writers who provided such brilliant and inspiring prompts for our 10th anniversary. Do consider going back to your favorite prompt and buying a copy of one fo the authors’ books, and leaving them a review (the ultimate ‘thank you’!)
Leave a comment and let us know how you used the prompt, and how you’re celebrating!
WRITE A SHORT STORY TODAY!
Download the free StoryADay Short Story Framework and:
- Draft a short story today: no more stalling
- Discover the story-telling secret in finishing your stories
- Make today Day One of the rest of your writing life
DON'T MISS OUT ON YOUR LIFE'S CALLING!