StoryADay September ’12 starts TOMORROW!
But more about in a minute.
First: I have a gift for you, and a favor to ask.
The Gift: Your Tools For Breaking Writers’ Block
Now you can have 60+ of my best techniques for breaking through resistance, in handy ebook form, free until Sunday Sept 2, 2012
You can get your copy FREE until Sunday, Sept 2 just by clicking ‘buy’.
The tips are arranged by section:
- Creativity Exercises
- Physical Comfort
- Accountability and Rewards
- Examining The Problem
- Boot Camp (Just Do It!)
- Prove It To Yourself
- Seeking Inspiration
You can read the book through once or dip in and out whenever you need a boost.
Honestly, it’s a blatant attempt to rise higher in the Amazon rankings and improve the visibility of my book. Every copy downloaded by you (or someone you tell about it) in the next few days, boosts its sales rankings and helps future, paying readers find it. This, in turn, helps me pay for StoryADay.org and keep it free to you. Oh, and it’s DRM-free, so you should be able to share it between devices freely.
Ebooks are easy and Amazon makes it particularly easy to get your book into the distribution stream. They offer 70% royalties, which was unheard of in the publishing world before they came along. And I love my Kindle.
Also, I’m researching the whole process and writing it up, and will release a report on it a few months from now. You’ll be able to use this report to figure out whether or not it’s worth your time to put together your own ebook (a collection of short stories perhaps?) and how to avoid making mistakes along the way. This report will be free to members of the StoryADay.org Advance Notice List.
What You Can Do
You are welcome to download the book and do nothing more. But I would really, really appreciate it if you would consider doing some of the following steps. It really helps.
- “Buy” the book during the free promotion period (before Sept 2)
- Share the link with writer friends and tell them to buy it while it’s free.
- Repost the link at Facebook, Twitter, your blog, whatever other social media you use,
- Leave a review at Amazon. 20 words is all it takes and it makes a huge difference tot he book’s visibility.
- Read the book and get excited about your writing
StoryADay September Is Almost Here!
Tomorrow. Can that be right? Tomorrow?!
OK, deep breath.
If you’re NOT doing the StoryADay Sept’12 challenge, no need to unsubscribe. This list will not be flooded with daily prompts or chatter about the challenge. You’ll have to get on the Daily Prompt email list or go into the community for all that stuff. You’ll just get a nice, helpful writing-related post now and then, and news about upcoming challenges.
But, even if you’re too busy with other projects, why not goad your writing friends and challenge them to take part? It’s not too late! 😉
If you ARE doing the September Challenge here are a few things you might want to be checking:
- Have you subscribed to the Daily Prompt email? You don’t have to, and you certainly don’t have to write to them, but some people find it useful. If you don’t want a nagging, I mean “inspiring”, email in your inbox every morning, you can still find the prompts on the blog every day if you ever need them.
- Have you joined the community? It’s a great place to check in and post your Victory Dance every day, or get encouragement from others when you are lagging.
- Have you added your name to the blogroll? There’s nothing like a little publicity to keep you honest!
- Are you collecting story sparks? Keep collecting them every day during the challenge and you’ll always have something to write about.
- Have you downloaded your free copy of the StoryADay.org Guide to Breaking Writers’ Block? You might need it in ten days or so…
And that’s it from me, except to wish you luck, persistence and courage.
See you in the forums?