Welcome to the Serious Writers’ Accountability Group!
Post your goals for this month and let us know how you got on with last month’s goals.
Leave a comment below telling us how you got on last month, and what you plan to do next month, then check back in on the first of each month, to see how everyone’s doing.
(It doesn’t have to be fiction. Feel free to use this group to push you in whatever creative direction you need.)
Did you live up to your commitment from last month? Don’t remember what you promised to do? Check out the comments from last month.
And don’t forget to celebrate with/encourage your fellow SWAGr-ers on their progress!
Download your SWAGr Tracking Sheet now, to keep track of your commitments this month
Examples of Goals Set By SWAGr-ers in previous months
- Finish first draft of story and write 3 articles for my school paper. – Courtney
- Write on seven days this month – Clare
- Extend my reading and to read with a ‘writers eye’- Wendy
- write 10,000 words – Mary Lou
So, what will you accomplish this month? Leave your comment below (use the drop-down option to subscribe to the comments and receive lovely, encouraging notifications from fellow StADa SWAGr-ers!)
(Next check-in, 1st of the month. Tell your friends!)
Get SWAGr Reminders
Sign up here, to get an email reminder about SWAGr, once a month. Download your exclusive SWAGr Trackr form, as soon as you sign up.
7 thoughts on “SWAGr for February 2022”
Let’s look back, shall we?
~Zine–Extension till the 12th
~Commission #3–Started, but not finished
~3C x4–Not started
~Commission #3–Due whenever I get my stuff together ;__;
~IPQ–Due March, thankfully
Plus, I have a whole backlog of stuff I have to do, as well. And I have new projects I want to work on.
But, I started a new position at work, which I why I haven’t been around much. Lots of learning and new times for everything. I did manage about 5,000+ words for January, so that was nice.
GOALS FOR JANUARY FAILED ALL.
I managed to write another chapter of my novel though!
GOALS FOR FEBRUARY AS JANUARY!!
I need to get myself on to it.
Complete a further chapter of my novel.
In January, I submitted two short stories. One fiction and one non-fiction.
I started three short stories, but didn’t complete any of them.
I read more short stories.
I discovered two more places to submit non-fiction stories.
Started I, Writer Course
I, Writer course, edit and submit two more stories and continue reading short stories.
I wrote everyday up and blogged it up until January 20th. I have 20 flash fictions for January. I became sick after the 20th so I have forgiven myself for not finishing this month out writing more flash. I have been plotting a short story. So, I haven’t been totally off.
This month February writing I’ll get back to flash fiction while writing the short story.
• Complete a character profile for my love interest’s mother by working on my novel for at least one hour a day, five days a week. — COMPLETED. In fact, I drafted character profiles for all the characters that I have in mind now.
• Publish at least one post on my new spirituality blog.— COMPLETED I’ve published five posts, one each week, including yesterday.
• Proofread the manuscript of my other novel. I completely forgot about this goal until I went back to look at last month’s goals today. I was able to make persistent progress on my other goals and to exceed them. This meant the other goals occupied my time. I think they will continue to do so this month, so I will discard this goal unless something changes, and the time to pursue this one presents itself.
February 2022 Goals
• Complete arc progression worksheets online for my two protagonists so I can start getting a clearer picture for the rewritten version of my novel.
• Complete arc progression worksheets for, perhaps, two more of my characters.
• Work on my novel at least one hour each day, five days a week to complete at least the first goal.
• Publish a blog post each week.
Editing Roses (novel)
MG Column/Blog post
1 Additional Blog Post (work website)
Critique Week Stories: read and submit
Attend 1Master Class
Finish WD Virtual Novel Writing Conference sessions
Research for new story
Read or listen to 4 books (goal is 50 for the year)
Since i keep setting goals and not making them, like writing a story a day all month, I’m going to shoot for something i might be able to actually achieve this month. Mary Lou’s 10,000 words goal sounds like something I could possibly achieve this month. A very achievable goal, so I am going to try for that also! Good luck everyone, and special thanks to Mary Lou for the good goal idea!