You’re back! Or you’re here for the first time. Either way, good for you!
Welcome to the Serious Writers Accountability Group, where we post our goals for the coming month and ‘fess up to how much we wrote last month.
Leave a comment below telling us how you got on last month, and what you plan to do next month, then check back in on the second Wednesday of each month, to see how everyone’s doing.
(It doesn’t have to be fiction. Feel free to use this group to push you in whatever creative direction you need.)
Don’t remember what you promised to do? Check out the comments on previous SWAGr posts.
And don’t forget to celebrate with/encourage your fellow SWAGr-ers on their progress!
Examples of Goals
- “I’m going to write every morning from 6-7 AM.”
- “I’ll write 250 words a day, minimum.”
- “I’ll write 10,000 (fiction) words this month.”
- “I’ll write one full story and revise another.”
- “I’ll write four stories and submit one story to a publication.”
- “I’ll outline that presentation I’ve been putting off working on, and create half of the slides.”
- “I’ll track my time and see what’s getting in the way of my writing.”
- “I’ll keep a journal to track my resistance to getting the work done.”
Still not convinced? Check out Melissa Hoffman’s Guest Post on what an accountability buddy can do for your writing life.
So, what will you do this month? Leave your comment below:
(Next check-in, October 11, 2014. Tell your friends. )