Dr. Dolittle author Hugh Lofting showed the magic of communicating with animals through his series of children’s books.
The relationship between animals and humans can range from affection to terror.
As pets, animals can sometimes be our greatest confidantes and comforters.
In the wilds of a forest or jungle, they can be our greatest enemy.
Write a story where a person speaks to an animal as if they were another person.
- Does the animal respond with grunts, growls or by scratching the ground?
- How does the person interpret the nonverbal responses of the animal?
- Some ideas include a person confiding a secret to their cat or someone crying to their dog after a bad day at work.
- A person could also plead with a bear or tiger for their life.
- There is always the hunter and the hunted.
- A human could also help an animal in distress or vice versa.
Mystical animals like dragons and unicorns are welcome.
Carey Shannon loves to use her writing to make humorous connections between items that may appear completely unrelated. A feat that is easy for a serious Elvis fan and frequent blood donor.
Carey Shannon loves to write about humorous connections between items and subjects in life that may appear to be completely unrelated. A feat that is easy for an Elvis super fan and frequent blood donor. She has been a member of the Story A Day community since 2020 and now hopes to provide some inspiration quirkiness to other writers.
Join the discussion: what will you do with today’s prompt OR how did it go? Need support? Post here!