Following on in last week’s vein of celebrating wins (and making wins easy to achieve), this week’s prompt is to write an odd little story.
It’s hard to imagine how to make this challenge work well, so just get it finished! (You might surprise yourself)
Write a story in a cypher: where the first word of each sentence is the REAL message
- It helps to write out the message you’re hiding in the story first.
- Then, simply write a story and find a way to start each new sentence with the next word of your hidden message.
- You can choose to hide the message in the second or third word of each sentence if you find that easier, or the last word (though I think that would be hard to pull off, unless you like dangling participles)
- You can see my tips on a previous iteration of this prompt here
- As an alternative to this you might try Grant Faulkner’s prompt from last year’s StoryADay challenge
When you have finished do something to celebrate. It can be as simple as grinning for five seconds, or doing a little dance (I like a victory dance, myself). The important thing is to take a moment to revel in the good feelings you get from meeting your goals.
If you share you story somewhere (and here’s why you might not want to) post a link here so we can come and read it.
Leave a comment to let us know what you wrote about today, and how it went!