Yesterday, I reviewed “Useless Things” by Ariel Berry, and it gave me the writing prompt for today’s Flash Fiction focused prompt
Write a story of fewer than 1000 words, that features a twist on a topic/event that might be seen as a disaster. Show us how your character pulls another meaning from it
- Check out my review of Ariel Berry’s story
- Remember, in flash fiction, you’ll have to limit your characters and settings and the amount of threads you try to introduce into your story. 1-2 characters is best.
- Flash fiction hinges around a point, a moment in time, that reflects a change for the character and/or the reader.
- Create an image that makes your story flash in the reader’s mind. See my review of Berry’s story to see how that image can be an action as well as a visual image.
Leave a comment to let us know what you wrote about today, and how it went!
WRITE A SHORT STORY TODAY!
Download the free StoryADay Short Story Framework and:
- Draft a short story today: no more stalling
- Discover the story-telling secret in finishing your stories
- Make today Day One of the rest of your writing life
DON'T MISS OUT ON YOUR LIFE'S CALLING!