You been writing for three weeks you have a good body of work under your belt. Now is the time to pause, see what you learned, and start focusing on your strengths.
Write a story in the voice that came most easily to you this month.
- Take a look back at the stories you’ve written this month. Which story came easiest?
- Let’s try to replicate that today.
- Take something from that story—the character, or the universe, or something about the styling which was written.
- Give your character a new setting, or a new problem. Or introduce a new character in the same universe.
- Do whatever it takes to re-create the voice of that story. Silence all the critics in your head telling you you shouldn’t be writing this way. Don’t let them say you should be writing some other style, or in some other genre, or more seriously, or less seriously. Today is all about writing what you are best at, the voice that only you can write.
Leave a comment to let us know what you discovered about your writing and your voice this month, and what you wrote today. And remember, if you’re enjoying these prompts please share them.