[Write On Wednesday] Photo Prompt
Sometimes it’s easy to come up with a subject, a character, a problem or an issue on which to hang your short story.
Some days it’s not. But that doesn’t mean you can’t write. I just means getting started might be harder.
If you’re finding it hard to start writing today, hop on over to the Flickr “Interesting” page (pictures someone at Flickr has tagged as ‘interesting’ in the past 7 days).
Grab a picture and start writing. See where it leads.
- Don’t try to force your usual style onto this story. See what comes out.
- Don’t try to do too much. Whatever you start will probably be a brand new idea. Keep it short and simple.
- Make sure your story travels from start to end: don’t just write a description, make someone or something change between the first word and the last.
- You should use the prompt in your story (however tenuous the connection).
- You must write the story in one 24 hr period – the faster the better.
- Post the story in the comments — if you’re brave enough.
- Find something nice to say about someone else’s story and leave a comment. Everybody needs a little support!
Share this challenge on Twitter or Facebook
Some tweets/updates you might use:
Don’t miss my Flickr-inspired short story: http://bit.ly/nEQ6Mc #WriteOnWed #storyaday
This week’s #WriteOnWed short story prompt is a Photo Prompt: http://bit.ly/nEQ6Mc #storyaday
Come and write with us: http://bit.ly/nEQ6Mc #WriteOnWed #storyaday
See my story – and write your own, today: http://bit.ly/nEQ6Mc #WriteOnWed #storyaday
If you would like to be the Guest Prompter, click here.