Today I throw you one of my favorite prompts, because I love reading these kinds of stories.
Write a story in the form of a series of letters
- The ‘letters’ can be anything really: letters, journal entries, found documents, Tweets, Facebook updates…
- The letters can come from only one person — in which case we hear only one side of the story.
- The letters might come from various sources and in various time periods.
- You might mix letters with documentary evidence (school report cards, obituaries clipped from a newspaper, a termination document from an employer).
- Your writing might be in the form of a ‘gospel’ for a new religious or political cult.
- This might grow to be a bigger project than you can handle in one day…