You’ve made it! You’ve written stories all month long — whether you’ve written every day, or on and off throughout the month — I congratulate you!
Make sure to come back tomorrow for three things
- The June Serious Writers’ Accountability Group — make your commitment to your writing for next month
- Details about StoryFest — your chance to get your favorite story featured on the front page of StoryADay.org
- The mini-critique group I’m running next week, to help you whip your stories into shape in time for StoryFest.
But before all that: one more story to go:
Write A Story About A Writer
- Feel free to take out your aggressions on me! Feature a writer who turns on their teacher/mentor/professor!
- Channel Stephen King’s “Misery” and feature a stalker.
- Take the reader through all the goys and perils of the writing journey
- Or use the conceit of a writer character to do something that couldn’t really happen in real life.
And after you’re done, write a blog post or a journal entry capturing all you’ve learned about yourself as a writer this month. Resolve to build on your strengths. Keep what you write somewhere safe, so that next time you have a big writing push coming up, you can benefit from all these lessons!
If you share your post online, be sure to send me a link (in the comments below or by email) or tag me on social media!
And don’t forget, StoryFest is coming, June 10-11!
Thank you all for playing along this month. Without you, I wouldn’t be doing any of this.